Riley and I just got home from visiting Aunt Tawnya and Uncle Jeremey in Ouray, CO. Even though I managed to get ahold of some milk (and subsequently Tawnya had to spend her weekend and Monday taking care of Riley for me) we had a great time! My little traveler did wonderful in the air. I was a little nervous during the beginning of our first flight. She was all over the place (which is hard in the tiny seats of an airplane)! We managed to sit next to very nice travelers on every flight. Tawnya and Jeremey met us in Montrose when we arrived. We took a quick trip into Wal-mart for supplies and the headed to their house. I'm very glad that they have a mostly straight highway through the mountains instead of those hair pin turns I remember from our road trips. On the way we got to see elk, giant (and mangy) deer, and long haired cows. I'm talking hair down to the ground cows. Weird. During the week Riley and I did a little exploring in Ouray. Tawnya took us to the hot springs where Riley got to do her first swimming and take her first ride on the swings! She looked so cute in her swim suit. We did some wedding planning and flower shopping, Tawnya and Jeremey made us some great meals, and Riley and I even got to see the Black Canyon from the air on our way out. What a beautiful area! My little milk problem didn't get serious enough to send me to the hospital (I was keeping soup down less than 24 hours after) but it did keep us in the house. I guess we'll just have to go
back again to see Telluride. Darn... ; )
back again to see Telluride. Darn... ; )
2 comments:
Riley looks beautiful,as always! I love her face with her perfect shirt on! Long haired deer, huh? WEIRD! That sucks about the milk. Poor mommy!
What a sweet face! Sounds like you guys had a great time! That stinks that you got sick while you were there.
Post a Comment