Tuesday, May 19, 2009

On The Road...

... to recovery that is! It is 8:30pm and I am taking my first pain pill of the day! What a long way from where I was just a few days ago. One week and one day ago was the big day. I am minus one gall bladder. The surgery went well. Took less than 30 minutes. I have three small incisions in my stomach. Sure doesn't look like much. After getting home I slept for about a day. Then I was just miserable. I hate the way I feel after taking the percocet. I was dizzy and nauseous and felt like my head was swimming. After a few days the nausea turned into vomiting (extra painful when you have holes in your stomach) and the doc called me in some pills to settle my stomach. They worked great! The day after I got them I felt like a different person. Still sore but so much better. The only down fall to those is they make me tired but offset that because having my stomach settled meant I could eat. And eating means energy for recovery (and cookies)! I was able to start taking my pain pill only at night which means I need less of the nausea meds.

Today I didn't even need tylenol. I was able to keep up with Riley all day! Of course I still have some help. Gram Miller has been a God send. She stayed with Riley the day of my surgery so Tyler could be there with me and she's stayed after to take care of Riley so I could focus on getting better. I couldn't have done it without her. We are so thankful! Riley has enjoyed really getting to know her Great-Grandma Miller and I have enjoyed having her around. She does such a great job keeping up with the very mobile Riley. That gym membership is sure paying off.

Riley is so close to walking. It's a scary thing to let her try on her own, but we have to do it. She walks around effortlessly while holding on to something, but she's just not quite confident enough to let go. When she is she's got a great pair of shoes waiting for her. They squeak when she steps down! Too cute. I don't know where her Grandma Hasty finds these things. We can't wait for Memorial day weekend. It's always nice to have Dad off work for a long weekend. Maybe I'll be up to going to the zoo (probably not but one can hope). After that it's Tyler's birthday weekend (and Aunt Barbs.. and Jeremys). Then we get into the wedding countdown! June 27th will be here before we know it!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Glad you are feeling better!! Walking?? Oh my!! I can't wait to see this!! I have a feeling I know where your Grandma got those shoes...Kate's Lullaby?? I look at them and think...oh my. LOL She is going to be a YEAR old! I cannot believe it!